Quote of the day
Mision, Vision and Core Principles
he Vision of the Wesley Powell Learning Resource Centre is to facilitate research and innovation.
The Wesley Powell Learning Resource Centre enhances lifelong learning through the provision of resources, training and access to information services to all users.
The Library embraces the following core values of the ECC.
- Customer-focused: we commit to provide relevant resources to satisfy customer needs and provide competent and friendly staff to assist the research needs of all patrons in a comfortable environment
- Accountability we ensure our decisions are data informed and grounded in the best interest of our students and their communities.
- Integrity- we deal honestly and fairly with clients in all transactions
- Respect: we value individual differences and treat others with civility,
- encouraging diversity, openness and honest communication
The main objectives of the LRC are to:
- provide resources for curriculum support and research and study
- enable users to effectively utilize available resources and facilities, by providing relevant training
- provide resource personnel to assist staff and students
- maintain an up-to-date collection of material and equipment for research and study.
- promote information literacy as support towards life-long learning
- provide resources and facilities for other designated community activities.